Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Valley Road


 The Valley Road

I’m pretty sure it was a valley road
Maybe, it was in Wales
I park in a dusty car park and ascend the wooden stairs
To a printers
There is nobody around, just the repetitive noise of the presses
It’s an old printers, the type cases are ready for picking
Old, upper and lower case fonts

I leave and close the office door against the noise
And descend back to the car park
To my left are a precinct of empty offices, one is open
A recruitment company that seems to know me by name
I’m asked to sign confidentiality agreement and contracts
They want me to find printing business for one of their clients

If I sign, I know I will be taking business away from the adjacent printer
I get in my car, reverse and drive out of the dusty car park
And continue my dream along the valley road


30th December 2011 : Caravan

No comments:

Post a Comment