Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Two Boxes


The Two Boxes

And, in a distant dream, I had a choice
Of opening one of the two locked boxes
The smaller was plain and much lighter than the larger box
Full of decoration and promise

And I covered myself from my nakedness
And her erotic eyes that gestured a decision from me
And, one of the boxes I opened and one I discarded

And later, much later, when dreams are elusive
And the journey of clothes a burden
I sit and reflect on opening the bigger box of greed and emptiness
That needed filling with worldly treasures that stale the air

And when the box was full, the smiling lady removed my hand
From my shyness and demanded the key to the big box
Full of gold and priceless ivory and rubies
And I wept tears of sorrow and stupidity at choosing life’s wrong box
Of happiness, by a man who’s eyes he covered before clothing himself


3oth December 2011 : Caravan

No comments:

Post a Comment